Thursday, November 6

bored so did one of the exam questions.

Write a story beginning with these words;
''I had practiced saying it a hundred times but when the moment came, I just couldnt open my mouth....''


Pls tell me how many marks u'll gimme =] upon 50 k?



I had practiced saying it a hundred times but when the moment came, I just couldn't open my mouth, I could feel that he was anxious too. I prepared myself to launch for another attempt. He promised that he will not meddle with what i was bringing up. He was just letting the pen glide on the smooth paper as he works. He did not even shot me a warning look, perhaps it might be inconvenient for him to speak at that moment.

'Are you free to talk now, Carl?' he did not respond, he looked up, answering my question rudely and vaguely showing any interest for the conversation coming up.

'Hurry up, get over it and leave me alone will you?' He scowled.

I was afraid that he would stand up and chew my head off. Me and Carl had never talked for sometime some argument that we had, definitely wouldnt be interesting. So i sucked in a gust of air and finally succeeded.





'Dad, i've selected the college that i want to attend and i already got all the information about the courses that i want. If you approve it and i'll need your signature and also, rendering for my fees.' I sighed lightly, it was too low and he couldn't hear it. He shot me a nasty look, he gunned me down by that stare. I wanted to shrink or cringed, but i know that if that happens something will happen. Carl would notice that i'm afraid and he will use my weakness to come around and hit me hard. He stayed in the bush for a while, and then he just answered.


'No. Now leave me alone.' he spitted.


I kind of expected the answer and so i left the room silently. I did not want to aggravate him any longer. It was a waste of time anyway i thought. I counted backwards. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6....

'Jessica! Come back here!' he yelled.

A smile stretched across my face, but i was thrilled and shock at the same time to have taken him such a long time to 'repent' of how he hurts me. It is a habit of his, to be mean the first but really nice the second. I crept back in the room silently. Hiding my grin at my best, i turned sheepishly to him after the door was closed properly. It was a rehearsed situation or rather i had to act spontaneously to cover up the concealed contents.


The ideas of my speech and vital and how i deliver it was definitely essential. I had to do it in a healthy way so that Carl will not have the chance to say no. Rejecting was something that i will not accept, not until i try my best. I pushed the limits again and again, it was really intimidating for me, being able to deceive my father.


We discussed about the issue that i brought up for a few hundred years as he just stared at me nodding to whatever i say. Good, i thought, he's listening. He was distracted by the television downstairs once in a while because there was an baseball game on. I briefed him through the details i paid attention to and he did not creased his forehead till i mentioned the fees. So there was the limit. I stopped immediately of the pushing. I tried to be shrewd with my words, it was all impromptu and i stumbled over the word choice and lucky enough to grab hold and fix the ends of my sentences.


He nodded again, this time reluctantly. Suddenly feeling injudicious of the arrangement of my sentences, he stared at me in disbelief. BUSTED. I thought. He smiled half heartedly.


I noticed the clock ticking and i glimpse over the materials that scrambled all over his desk and found what he was scribbling on. His account book. I smiled back to him cautioned. My heart throbbed and thought i was kaput(means busted, i laughed the hell out of me, i tot it was funny so i used it). We proceeded i struggled over few things that we discussed , he frowned once in a while. After another few hundred years, he decided to end the conversation, i sighed in relief, kissed him goodnight and washed myself, lay dead on the bed.

The next morning, i tried again, harder this time, very cautious, but it was vainly helping. So he said 'NO. Now will you leave me alone?'

No comments: