Sunday, November 9

This is something that my lovely Sally gave me to write. An assignment! =D wheee...

I was asked to write a scene of Edward and Bella.... So.. here it is...
\



A scene written by stupid Jane of

Edward & Bella

The Surprise…

The silhouette of an angel was visible through the fog out of the window. The pale looking face was seen smiling. There he was lying over his sleek shiny Volvo. The fog lingered around for some moment. I came out of the bathroom with both of my hands occupied, my bag of toiletries on my left and a comb on my right. Forcefully, I combed through the haystack created from the nightmare I had yesterday . I got dressed unusually fast. I wrenched the closet open, yanking on whatever fabric I was able to reach.

From my room, I could still hear Charlie snoring from his room . I thought he was awake but he wasn’t.

‘’ I will beat you next time Harry! Believe me! You cheated!!’’ He stormed.

Edward is always prompt, not surprise by the speed he travels on foot. Sometimes it makes me wonder why he needs a car other than the obvious reasons to disguise that he is a vampire who dashes across land with rapid speed. I had been sleeping in my room without him observing me for over 3 nights. He went hunting with Carlisle and Jasper. It felt awkwardly uncomfortable to have sometime alone, I was always protected in any ways, not mentioning being baby sited all the time by the Cullen’s.

I crept down the stairs with loads of effort trying to make no noise and had to shift my weights carefully when I reached the creaky step and darted over to the door and opened it. All the agitation dissolved as soon as I looked at his smooth looking face, calm taking its place. He was at the doorstep already, inches away from me. A smile stretched across his face, presenting his white glistening teeth.

‘’Morning love.’’ He said, looking up the stairs. He kissed my forehead lightly. =.=

I flushed involuntarily. He put his hand on my face and dazzled me with his crooked smile. =.=

‘’Charlie will be down in a minute, do you want me to wait outside? It’s still early, we have plenty of time to spend.’’ He smiled again.

‘’He will leave right after his breakfast, he’s going fishing with his pales from the station, wait in the car I’ll be beside you in no time.’’ I choked.

He disappeared through the doors and the phone rang. I closed the door and staggered towards the phone. I picked it up and stared at the dirty curtains at the living room and twisted my body slightly against the wall to check whether Edward’s car was still there. Reminding myself that I’ll have to bring the curtain for dry cleaning before the next month come.

‘’Hello? Hello? Anybody there?’’ Jacob yelled through the phone.

It was deafening, despite of my absent mind I turned my attention to the stairs knowing that Charlie was singing in his bath.

‘’Hello Jacob. Dropping by with Billy for another game tonight?’’ I ask hoarsely.

‘’ Not really, I was actually thinking maybe we can go catch a movie tonight? You and me alone. I’m utterly bored and the discomfort is making me feel unhealthy.’’

He mentioned the word ‘unhealthy’ I laughed.

‘’I’m sorry Jacob, but I already have plans tonight. How bout another time? ‘’

I thought I heard a howl from over his side.

‘’Oh. Sure thing, Billy and I will be dropping over your house for another game again this weekend, just to let you know.’’ He sounded very disappointed.’’ The lasagna you prepared last week was undoubtedly delicious. ‘’ He continued.

‘’Thanks, I was delighted that you helped yourself with the lasagna. Charlie is not really fond of vestiges. Anyway I’ll see you this weekend, I am actually going to be late for an appointment, I’ll see you this weekend right? See you’’

‘’ See you! Bye!’’ Jacob sounded pleased of my appreciation .

I was relieved. I didn’t want to hurt Jacob’s feelings, he‘s an easy guy to talk to, and I like it when he’s around. It feels like he is able to manipulate the mood of people around him, he makes me feel cheerful, a gift similarly like Jasper’s.

I drifted to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for Charlie. Charlie was startled by my speed, cooking and gobbling down the cereal, washed the dishes in the sink. Rushed out without kissing Charlie goodbye, I felt his stare followed me to the pavement. He mimed ‘’ Goodbye Dad, I love you. I’ll be back before sun down and dinner will be ready when you’re back.’’ He made it sound really scripted. He also muttered something under his breath but I couldn’t bother as I watched the love of my life beckoning me into the car holding the door open.

‘’That was fast.’’

I gave him a faint smile entertaining his sarcastic words.

‘’Mind some fresh air for today?’’ He asked politely.

‘’Sure why not, it’s been all stuffy when you’re not around.’’ I assured him .

He winded the windows down, and took off. As usual, he sped through the roads and the cold wind stung my face, but it wasn’t close to a frost bite. I kept my eyes squinted the entire time. Suddenly the rushing wind turned to a soft breeze, the fragrance from his skin and body was blowing to my direction, tempting me and I noticed that the car slowed down, cornering into a space. We were already in the school compound. After having time to glance around, no doubt we were the earliest. I stared at him with disbelief. A smile flashed across his perfect face.

Time flies. The car park was full when I was overly engrossed of Edward and did not notice that we were going to be late for class till he broke the silence.

‘’Bella? We are going to be late if we don’t get going. Mr. Barner will not forgive us for being unrehearsed for the play. Let’s go.’’

I moaned. The play, that Mr. Barner made it compulsory for all to take part, he declared that marks will me taken and scores for our oral tests were settled.

We hopped out of the car and the rest of the day slipped through. Alice fixing my attire whenever she has the chance, Rosalie was being Rosalie herself, admiring her own reflections and Emmett was trying to scare Mike Newton by giving his deadly stare, Mike almost collide into Angela with his lunch and that would have been a good start for a fight between Ben and Mike. I knew at that moment Emmett wanted to roar in triumph, Jasper looked distracted. At the cafeteria, Jessica shot a ghastly gaze at me and blasted her babbling skill at Angela with no mercy. Angela winced from time to time, Jessica was sometimes too close to her ears and she obviously felt uncomfortable. She tried to hint Jessica that she wants sometime with Ben, but Jessica was too oblivious to have notice that.

Edward chuckled, when he saw my blood drained down my body. He was listening to Jessica’s thoughts. I bumped him lightly and I got a bruise on my arm. He chuckled again under his breathe.

‘’ Easy Bella.’’

I rubbed my arm constantly and soon the livid was gone. I felt banished sitting together with the group of too beautiful ‘people’, their actions so lithely. I still stare amazed by how sinuously they can move.

* * * *

Alice dressed me baby blue today, twisting my hair with excitement as Edward just sit in the corner watching me being dolled up. I kept my eyes close the whole time, afraid that I might be astounded by myself. I did the calculations in my mind striving my luck to escape

‘’Done! Doesn’t she look beautiful Edward?’’

‘’She’s beautiful all the time Alice.’’

‘’Always.’’ He deliberated with a fulfilling smile.

Alice nodded her head on accord and held my shoulder and her cold hands made me shuddered slightly. I opened my eyes, and looked straight into myself. My jaw fell to the floor instantly, I struggled a little to have my mouth shut back.

‘’You look lovely, Bella!’’ Alice roared hopping.

‘’Err... Thanks Alice.’’

I was seated in one of the cars in the Cullen’s garage, I believe that it wouldn’t be impossible for them, to actually own a hangar of their own.

* * * *I blinked a few times and an uncanny feeling slithered in me. The chandelier glistening was the center of attention other than the live band. room. A question emerged the night before when I was in the reverie of Edward, should I engage myself a movie with Edward With the help of Edward, Alice managed to apprehend me and so I was dragged to her room and ignited her excitement within less than half a fraction of second.

Edward was equivalently patient like usual as I limped towards the restaurant. Ostensibly, the surprise was a date, in a place that I wouldn’t have selected. He was beside me holding me, so wary not to let me fall or even slip. I was vaguely aware that I used any of my strength, it felt more like Edward was lifting me mid air. We departed after a few hours and the sun was setting, I had to go home to make dinner for Charlie, I couldn’t stand Charlie always burning up his food and forcing it down his throat so that it wouldn’t be a waste. He scalded his hands for several times. Sometimes he would even leave the food cooking and enjoy a nice long bubble bath, comes back noticing that it was all burnt. It’s not even edible! It wouldn’t be surprising if he attempts to cook and unconsciously burnt down the house.

I rushed home, I was lightened to found out that his cruiser was not on the pavement yet, after kissing Edward goodbye, he stood there watching me. I would have gotten a broken nose if Edward hadn’t caught me in time. He smiled at me, I was blank again, he is too beautiful to be true. Although, he was smiling, but I can see that behind his butter-scotch eyes worries wrapped around him. I still have difficulties for distinguishing fantasy and reality when Edward is around me. Uncertainty occurs all the time when I wake up from my dreams and find that he is rocking on the chair at the corner of the room listening to me sleep.

I smiled at the sight of my reverie, secure and loved when he’s around me, wrapping me with his atypical warmth. Filling the gaps in my heart.

Somehow, right after I added some decorations on the dish, Charlie exploded through the doors without taking off his gun he dived into the steak gobbling down the food, apparently, he hadn’t had time to eat the whole day, he was too caught up with a chess game in the station. I did not even hear his cruiser coming in.

Disgruntled by how Charlie was oblivious of my decorations, I stared at him more with an intention of imitating Emmett, I wanted to rake for some reaction, but he was as if detained by the taste of it. His eyes were locked to the food no matter how long I stared. It wasn’t s discontent for me at all. It is gratifying to know that someone enjoys your cooking.

‘’You don’t have to wait... You know? I’ll wash the dishes myself… you look pretty worn out, get some rest.’’ He gasped food still in his mouth. He managed to miss his lips while chewing.

‘’Thanks Dad. I love you, night.’’

‘’Sweet dreams.’’

I couldn’t deny the fact that I was exhausted, I was pleased to see my bed beckoning me to rest, but not as much as I see Edward leaning against the window.

He pulled me close to him gently, as if reminding himself that I’m fragile. =.= He wrapped his hands around my waist and carried me to the bed followed by a goodnight kiss and I drifted to sleep while he hum that familiar lullaby. My eye lids were too heavy.

* * * *

I woke up the next morning, the sun shining brightly into the room filling every corner of the room with light, I groaned, searching for Edward’s hand and held them tight when I found them. He kissed my hand tenderly, and he backed away to the rocking chair. I reached out to catch him but missed.

‘’Bella my love, you had a rough night, didn’t you?’’ He asked with eyes filled with concerned.

A struck of horror, ‘What do you mean.’’ I looked at him dumb-struck. .

‘’You were screaming for help, begging for your life. Charlie ran in here panic-stricken with a gun. I thought he was going to shoot whatever moved!’’ My body got tensed up and stared at him, waiting for him to continue. He sounded like he enjoyed the scene he saw.

’’He thought someone broke into the house when he was sleeping. You should have seen his face, he was so uptight, after reassuring himself that all windows and doors were locked tightly, he was hesitating whether to wake you up.. ‘’

I paused trying to think.

‘’Do you want to tell me about it?’’ His eyes filled with curiosity now.

‘’I dreamt of marrying Jacob!’’ I joked but tried to make it sound serious at my best, I’m a horrible actress according to Edward. I somehow, succeeded.

His eyes widen with terror and grabbed me by my shoulder bobbing me lightly, as if I lost my mind. Still worried, he gazed right into my eyes and I broke into a laugh.

I intended to elbow him, but he caught my hand and said. ’’Be serious, Bella, you sounded like someone was slaughtering you!’’

‘’Did I? Probably just an ordinary dream.’’ I assured him.

‘’Are you so used to all these weird dreams that you have? ’’ He teased.

I ignored his question effortlessly.

‘’I’ll wait in the car.’’ He added.

He grinned at me and leaped off the window so gracefully that I stared again.

When I grabbed my bag of toiletries, I noticed beside it, there was a paper, a note from Charlie that Renee is coming over tonight. Phil left her.

No comments: